This post featuring how to make a DIY Christmas Village House may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission off these links at no extra cost to you.
The dollar store is my go to place for items I can craft to look less dollar store-ish. This is one DIY that I could make with just 3 supplies and in under 30 minutes! This DIY Christmas village house isn’t just easy to make, but when you craft a whole village of them they look entirely too cute.
Take a look, then head to your own dollar store to snag a few of your own. With a little paint and glitter, you can create something magical. Here is what you need to get started.
– dollar store mini houses
– white spray paint
– craft glue or Mod Podge
– fine craft glitter
A note about supplies:
These little houses are actually candle holders, so they were located in the candle aisle. They had several different styles to choose from, so I bought three in all different designs. Remember, it doesn’t matter what design is on them or what color they are as you will be painting them.
1. Start by applying two coats of white spray paint to each house. Allow the paint to dry well in between coats.
2. See if the design still shows through the paint. You may need to apply several coats of paint to get full coverage. Allow the paint to dry.
3. Once the paint is dry, brush some craft glue or Mod Podge on the roof of each house. Sprinkle generously with fine craft glitter. Shake off any excess glitter. Allow to dry.
Just look at that sparkle! Add as much glitter as you want. The mre the better!
Once the glue is dry and the glitter is safely in place, you are ready to display! This DIY Christmas village house craft is so easy, you might be inclined to make a HUGE village of homes.
You can display them on a buffet or cake plate like I did. Just add some bottle brush Christmas trees or even some fake snow.
Not every craft need to be a major production. In fact, just little changes to everyday, inexpensive objects can make a big impact! This DIY Christmas Village House tutorial is a perfect example!
Give this fun DIY a try, won’t ya? Be sure to check back later and see the other vintage inspired Christmas crafts I’ve been working on.
– DIY Wood Slice Christmas Ornaments
– Easy Upcycled Ornament Display
– Upcycled Christmas Spice Tins