This tutorial for my DIY Dollar Tree Halloween Wreath contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission from these links at no extra cost to you.
I am telling you, Dollar Tree is really coming after my vintage loving heart this Halloween season! So much of their Halloween decor has a vintage flair to it, and their assortment of greetings cards is no exception.
Our local Dollar Tree had about half a dozen different greeting cards that had vintage inspired illustrations on them. Yes, I bought them all. For a buck each, I knew I could use them in crafting, frame them, or even just send them off in the mail.
Take a look at this DIY Dollar Store Halloween wreath I made using ALL Dollar Tree supplies. It took less than 30 minutes and the end result is spooky and sweet. Here is how to make your own.
DIY Dollar Tree Halloween Wreath
– wreath form (green is more durable than white)
– heavy burap ribbon
– glittered black and orange branches
– Halloween greeting card (I chose the owl)
– black silk roses
– hot glue, glue gun
1. Add a dab of glue to the end of the burlap ribbon. Press it to the inside of the wreath form. Hold in place until secure, then start wrapping.
2. Continue wrapping the burlap until the entire wreath form is covered. Secure the end of the ribbon with hot glue.
3. Snip the silk roses from their stems. Add a generous amount of craft glue and press them in a bunch to the wreath. I placed mine slightly off center.
4. Turn the wreath over and glue the glitter stems on the back. Be very generous with your glue. Allow them to fan across the back of the wreath.
5. Take your greeting card. Cut out the design if necessary. Add some glue to the front of the illustration and glue it to the back of the wreath form.
Now just let everything dry! As soon as all of your pieces are dry and secure, your wreath is ready to be enjoyed. You can add extra ribbon for hanging or just hang it as is, like we did.
Such a hoot, right? Head to your local Dollar Tree and see what they have to offer. Hopefully, you can find everything you need to make a Halloween wreath of your own!
If you liked this Dollar Store Halloween Wreath, be sure to check out the other fall projects I have been working on!
– Homemade Pumpkin Custard Dessert Recipe
– Homemade Pumpkin Spice Donuts